C++ Video Developer (Mainz)
- Your code at Pxio's core: We'd like you to work on adding functionality to Pxio's video processing so that when pixels flow around between our components, they will be going through your code.
- We've laid out the framework and now it is your opportunity to add your spice to the mix. How about adding support for new graphics architectures? Or optimising the touchscreen interface? Or maybe you would go for raw speed and blazing performance?
The job is based at our office close to the centre of Mainz. It is easily reachable from Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, Darmstadt and the wider Rhein-Main area.
Within 1 month you will
- Learn about the Pxio system and how the components fit together
- Learn about our tools, methodologies and how we work together
- Implement your first C++ video features and work with the team to integrate them into the codebase
- Write tests and integrate them into our continuous integration pipeline
- Take part in the full agile development process
Within 3 months you will
- Work on improvements to the quality of video streams
- Tweak the stack to use video hardware to the max
- Build features together with other developers across multiple components
- Build knowledge and experience in your corner of the codebase
- Help us improve by suggesting ideas for improvements during our retrospectives, and take part in implementing changes in our daily work
- Discuss, analyse, and estimate upcoming work in the form of user stories
Within 6 months you will
- Become the Code Owner of the components you know best
- Learn a range of new skills and technologies as you interact with more of our stack
- Propose and help implement best practices to improve our technical skills and quality of our code
- Help other members of the team to level up by sharing your knowledge and skills
- Experienced in C++ coding, debugging and testing
- Able to write clean, structured code
- Understanding of REST API concepts
- Interested in learning
- English language
- Bachelors degree in IT or equivalent
Interest or experience in these skills would also be helpful
- Experience with CMake as a build system
- Previous experience in Agile environments
- Continuous integration and pipelines (we use GitLab)
- Unity and Virtual Reality
- Cloud systems, Docker, Kubernetes
- Networking & Security
- Video conferencing integrations
- Windows, Linux or MacOS
- Mobile application development (Android or iOS)
We make software that simplifies real-time usage of shared displays and enables intuitive visual collaboration all over companies – from meeting and board rooms through visualization centers and showrooms to foyers and event venues.
Why join our team?
We have been developing Pxio together since 2017, and are just starting a new chapter with moving the product to the public cloud. We are thrilled to be able to grow the team in times like these and also grow as a company where everyone can thrive.
Here's what our development team has to say about why they like working for Pxio:
- "friendly colleagues, opportunity to work with latest frameworks/technologies, cool product"
- "opportunity to try out new things"
- "access to interesting technical topics and customers that are eager to use your work results"
- "nothing is predefined, allowing developers to implement their own ideas, and allows developers to approach problems as they see fit"
- "due to the small team, lots of opportunities to make a difference"
- "high autonomy in how we can structure our work"
- "good work/life balance and support for personal circumstances"
How do I apply?
You can apply directly by clicking on the button on this page. We look forward to hearing from you!