Working Student Software Quality Assurance (Saarbrücken / Mainz / Remote)
At Pxio, we want to connect with customers to transform how they work together. As a working student in Software Quality Assurance, you will have the opportunity to work across testing disciplines and help delight our customers with reliable software that meets their needs.
Your Mission at Pxio
We'd like you to
- Help support Pxio’s product development from a quality perspective.
- Specify and implement tests during product sprints.
- Help enhance product quality in general at Pxio.
We allow a mixture of office-based and remote working. Our offices are based in coworking spaces in Saarbrücken and Mainz.
Within 1 month you will
- understand Pxio as a company and our product offerings
- work with the developers to define and implement your first tests
- learn about and participate in our regular sprint events
- perform product testing after completion of features
- manage your own tasks and report to the team during daily standups
Within 3 months you will
- help write tests for low coverage areas of the codebase
- contribute by providing your QA perspective while refining upcoming stories
- widen your knowledge by gaining exposure to the tools and technologies at Pxio
- follow our current objectives and key results (OKRs)
Within 6 months you will
- expand testing into further areas such as smoke, exploratory, security, stress and performance tests
- use automation to implement end to end tests
- monitor a customer team key result and report results during our weekly checkins
- contribute in planning upcoming company cycles
Knowledge in QA processes and testing methodologies
- Systematic approach to problem solving, strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
- A strong motivation to break stuff 🙂
- Able to coordinate with multiple stakeholders in an agile startup environment
- Happy to collaborate closely with team members and bounce ideas off each other
- Bachelors degree in software engineering or similar
- Enrolled in a university or college in Germany
- Engaged in continuous learning
- Experience of developing automated tests at different levels (unit, functional, e2e)
- Previous experience working in Quality Assurance
We make software that simplifies real-time usage of shared displays
and enables intuitive visual collaboration all over companies – from
meeting and board rooms through visualization centers and showrooms to
foyers and event venues.
Why join our team?
We have been developing Pxio together since 2017, and have built a
product that frees our users from static wired meeting formats. We are
thrilled to be able to grow the team in times like these and also grow
as a company where everyone can thrive.
Here's what our customer team has to say about why they like working for Pxio:
- "friendly colleagues, opportunity to work with latest technology, cool product"
- "opportunity to try out new things"
- "access to interesting topics and customers that are eager to use your work results"
- "nothing is predefined, allowing team members to implement their own ideas and approach problems as they see fit"
- "due to the small team, lots of opportunities to make a difference"
- "high autonomy in how we can structure our work"
- "good work/life balance and support for personal circumstances"
How do I apply?
You can apply directly by clicking on the button on this page. We look forward to hearing from you!